After July’s full moon affecting the gallbladder meridian, August’s full moon will affect the gallbladder’s twin organ and meridian: the liver. The full moon will occur on Sunday 26th of August but symptoms might arise much earlier and linger longer, intensifying around the exact time of the full moon.
The liver is the organ in which anger is stored – the gallbladder being the storehouse for the related emotion of frustration. By harnessing the full moon’s influence on the liver meridian you can deeply work on shedding old patterns of reacting, and clear and heal the energy circuit constituted by the liver meridian.
Follow the below recommendations to reduce possible symptoms and balance the meridian for a whole body healing effect.
Possible symptoms (see the meridian graph to understand these):
- foot pain
- tightness in the chest or between the shoulders
- nausea or indigestion
- irritability or short temper
- eye problems
- eat sour foods and homemade yogurt
- drink grapefruit juice, warm lemon water, or water with apple cider vinegar (ideally on an empty stomach to help flush out toxins from the night)
- Recipe for liver: Blend 1 grapefruit, 2 oranges, 1 lime (or lemon), a handful of shelled raw sunflower seeds, add honey to taste.
- Casserole: Combine in a baking pan 1 bunch of beets (3-5), 1 lb. (400g) carrots, 2 bunches of scallions, 3 cloves of freshly chopped garlic, 1 cube butter/ghee/coconut oil, tamari, black pepper and cook in the oven. For the non-vegans, at the end you could add 1 lb. of grated goat cheese (only add it at the end to avoid burning)
- All green foods, beetroot and carrot are good for the liver. Especially artichokes, wheatgrass, barleygrass, spirulina, chlorella. Tinctures of dandelion and artichoke are also very helpful.
- Avoid or moderate sweets
- A juice blend of beet/carrot/celery juice. Ginger great to add too.
- All exercises for the abdominal area, like stretch pose (see last month’s full moon post).
Specific Kundaliniyogaset for the liver:
KRIYA: LET THE LIVER LIVE
AS TAUGHT BY YOGI BHAJAN
1. Lie on your left side and put your hand under your head. Lift the right leg up straight and hold the toes with your right hand, keeping both legs straight. Breath of Fire. 4 minutes
2. Wheel Pose. (Hands and feet flat on the floor, body arched up.) Breathe in and out through the nose, then in and out through the mouth. Continue alternating from nose to mouth, taking one complete breath with each. 4 minutes.
3. Lie on your left side. Lift the right leg straight up, hold toe. (i.e., repeat exercise 1). Breath of Fire through the mouth. 2 minutes.
4. Stand up with the legs apart 18 to 24 inches. Bend forward and stretch the hands back through the legs to touch the floor. Head down. Reach back as far as possible. Hold this position for 1 minute. Then, in this position, roll the tongue and do Breath of Fire through the rolled tongue. 3 minutes.
5. Repeat exercise 1. Do “Cannon Breath” through the mouth. (Extremely powerful, explosive breath). 30 seconds.
6. Stand up and sit down back in easy pose without using the hands for support. 52 times. Try to keep your balance!
7. Stand with your hands on your hips. Roll the upper torso in large circles. 2 minutes. (Anyone who shall do exercise #7 for 11 minutes morning and night will have no problem with Mr. Liver.)
8. Relax in Corpse Pose 7-11 minutes.
Alternatively, here is a link to a Kriya to Relieve Inner Anger:
(Based on http://www.breathislife.com/full-moon/ but with added information and yoga)