What comes to your mind when you think about an hourglass figure – no don’t think about waif-thin models who are widely seen on magazine spreads and advertisements. Instead we are talking about celebs like Shilpa Shetty, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone with snatched waist and the right curves are perfect examples of hourglass figure. In an hourglass figure, the shoulders and hips are almost the same size and the waist is snatched and slimmer. The celebs mentioned above really take care of their bodies and taking inspiration from them, here are 10 Tips To Achieve an Hourglass Figure.
1. Follow the Right Kind of Diet: You must have heard “abs are made in the kitchen” and even the hourglass figure can only be achieved through the right kind of diet – and you should check out the Rati Beauty diet (on the Rati Beauty app) for more details. Also, make it a point to hydrate your body with at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day and thrice a day have a glass of hot water. This will help clean your system and also help in shedding some extra weight around the belly.
2. Squeeze Out Time To Exercise: Yes, working out on a regular basis is a must, don’t overdo it, just four to five times a week is enough. Devote each day to work on the back, abs, hips, and chest. Do compound exercises like squats, pushups, pullups at the gym. If you find the idea of hitting the gym too daunting, start with brisk daily walks and exercise routines on the Rati Beauty app. Walk alone is not going to play all the part in giving you the right figure but it will help you in maintaining your body weight. You don’t want extra weight gathering on your legs, stomach or arms suddenly. So go for a 20 minute walk on a regular basis.
3. Opt For Power Yoga: If gym is something you dislike going to then power yoga can help shape your body too. Though power yoga will take time to show the results but it is good for a lot of reasons and will always keep your body in shape.
4. Wear the Right Clothes: Many a times women wear the right clothes which leads to us thinking that they have the perfect figure. You can do that too! Then, pick clothes that flatter your curves and avoid oversized clothes. If your chest area is small, then opt for a good padded bra which adds a little something to your chest area. Also, if your legs are too thin then opt for flared pants rather than skin fit ones. The skinny jeans are going to show off your thin legs and it will make you look skinner than what you are. There are several other clothing tricks but somehow it is better to work for it than to fake it.
5. Get That Posture Right: First and foremost, straighten your posture. Keep your shoulders straight and your chest out. Do not walk with a hunch; it will make you look odd. You can exercise and get a toned body, but if you do not maintain the right posture, the body would never look in a good shape.
6. HIIT: HIIT refers to high-intensity interval training exercises which helps to burn fat in minimum time. It is a combination of high and medium intensity exercises where your body picks up more calories to burn without burning muscle. You can do HIIT exercises anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes. If you are serious about fitness, including strength training and HIIT will give you the maximum weight loss benefits along with following a good diet. It puts your body into an “afterburn” process where it continues to burn calories long after you have finished exercising, isn’t that awesome news! Also, no equipment is required to do HIIT exercise and you can do it in the convenience and comfort of your home. Here’s a “7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
7. Eat Healthy Fats: Do not avoid healthy fats when you are trying to achieve an hourglass figure or even while trying to lose weight because healthy fats found in olive oil, ghee, avocados, etc., help to burn extra fat and reduce inflammation. Check out some foods with healthy fats in them.
8. Sleep, Sleep, Sleep: Sleep is one of the easiest and fastest ways to lose weight and get to your goal weight. Because if you get the right amount of sleep, the cortisol, insulin, and other important fat-burning enzymes and hormones work optimally. Also, the metabolism soars with good sleep and you get to burn good amount of fat during sleep.
9. Boost the Metabolism: It’s called the engine that burns off extra calories and that’s why you should find ways to boost metabolism to burn off fat from all the wrong places, particularly from the belly area. In fact, do read about “21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism.”
10. Be Patient: Last but not the least, you have to be patient. It could take more than 6 months for you to get the right figure but keep working out, take good care of your health and wait for the results. Nothing is impossible! All you need is a little effort.
Just stay calm, follow the right kind of diet, and keep exercising. You don’t have to always go to the gym; you can buy some important equipment at home and work out regularly. I hope this article helped you.
How to Balance Hormones to Lose Weight
21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism
The post 10 Tips to Get an Hourglass Figure appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.
This content was originally published here.