Organic food consumption appears to reduce exposure to pesticide residues and antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
This is the second of a 5 part video series on organic versus conventional foods. What about the relative nutrient content? See my last: Are Organic Foods More Nutritious? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Organic-Foods-More-Nutritious)
Here’s what to look forward to next:
• How to Make Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-make-your-own-fruit-and-vegetable-wash)
• Are Organic Foods Healthier? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-healthier)
• Are the Benefits of Organic Food Underrated or Overrated? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-the-benefits-of-organic-food-underrated-or-overrated)
For more on the infectious disease implications of organic vs. conventional, see Superbugs in Conventional vs. Organic Chicken (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/superbugs-in-conventional-vs-organic-chicken/). Organic produce may be safer too. See: Norovirus Food Poisoning from Pesticides (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/norovirus-food-poisoning-from-pesticides/). Organic eggs may also have lower (http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/156/7/654.long) Salmonella risk, which is an egg-borne epidemic every year in the U.S. See my video Who Says Eggs Aren’t Healthy or Safe? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/)
Those surprised by the California data might have missed my video California Children Are Contaminated (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/california-children-are-contaminated/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-safer and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Rob Franksdad via Flickr.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org