If we increased our consumption of conventionally-produced fruits and vegetables how much cancer would be prevented versus how much cancer might be caused by the additional pesticide exposure?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free e-newsletter and receive a recipe from Dr. Greger’s brand-new cookbook, The How Not to Diet Cookbook: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
That was the final installment of my 5-part video series on organics. I hope you feel you have a better understanding of the science, rather than just the hype and anti-hype on both sides. To recap:
• Are Organic Foods More Nutritious? (http://nutrititionfacts.org/video/Are-Organic-Foods-More-Nutritious)
• Are Organic Foods Safer? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-organic-foods-safer)
• How to Make Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/How-to-make-your-own-fruit-and-vegetable-wash)
• Are Organic Foods Healthier? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Organic-Foods-Healthier)
I’ve covered the issue of cadmium in our diet before in Cadmium and Cancer: Plant vs. Animal Foods (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cadmium-and-cancer-plant-vs-animal-foods/) and Male Fertility and Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/male-fertility-and-diet/). Heavy metals are found concentrated in seafood and organ meats, but can also be found in certain supplements (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/amla-and-triphala-tested-for-metals/) and protein powders (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heavy-metals-in-protein-powder-supplements/).
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-the-benefits-of-organic-food-underrated-or-overrated and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: shoots via Flickr.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org